Cruiser Outpost - Lats & Atts forum

Discussing The Cruising Lifestyle
It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:44 pm 

This is the second time. The first time they made a Timex commercial of it. Takes a liking but keeps on ticking!

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-st-luci ... files-suit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:54 am 

Plaintiffs and lawyers that argue and bring this crap to court need to be taken out to the woods tarred and feathered first time and shot in the head the second. There is no right for the stupid to sue. If you are so dumb to swim into a nuclear suction inlet clearly marked. YOU are stupid and deserve to be removed from the gene pool. If you are so dumb to stick your hand into a running lawnmower, Duh? what did you think was gonna happen? And coffee is hot. If you grab a cup carelessly and it spills and burns you, it is NOT Mc Donalds fault. I am sooo sick of seeing these losers go to court and even worse WIN because they were too stupid to be alive. And attorneys pushing them along need to be disbarred and Flogged . Guess what? if you are stupid that is YOUR fault. Stop crying and learn from your mistake. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:09 am 

wait a minute . . . where am I?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:32 am 

[quote][Guess what? if you are stupid that is YOUR fault./quote]

The courts have turned it around so it's always someone else's fault. You don't have to take responsibility for your own actions. Right or wrong, if you end up in court, you lose.

Last edited by roguewave1 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:55 am 

I've never found that to be completely true. Sure, give up your rights to be made whole again. It's always the lawyer's fault - until you need one. I hate lawyers, but not Muddy, or a few others I can think of. I do agree with the "if you end up in court, you lose", and I go out of my way to keep people out of court. But life ain't that simple, and neither are the people you deal with.

Did we just reopen the bilge? Is that a Rule 1500 over there??

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:45 pm 

I was most happy to know a certain lawyer in the VI and have included others as friends. Half of every group are in the bottom half.
Many moons ago I was working from a bucket truck and had arrived before dawn and secured the area with a circle of orange cones. Doofus pulls his (Very expensive) car into work area and walks away. I guess he figured he was privileged. Later I dropped something from 75' thru his windshield (I swear was accident). He was most perturbed and started with his lawyer threats. I snapped two fotos with my Polaroid and handed him one with an orange cone clearly crushed under a front wheel of his car. I then cleaned up and left. Never heard from his highness.
I have no idea of the facts of this incident I do know people do stoopid sht all the time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:20 am 

Seems like there should be a grate over the opening at least with a grid small enough to keep people from being sucked in????

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:24 am 

cool photos