Cruising Outpost

Discussing The Cruising Lifestyle
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Buddy boats
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:20 am 

Planning a trip to Cuba, Hemingway Marina, Havana, then on to Isla Mujeres, Mexico, next Caymans then Isla Providencia, San Blas and Cartagena. Anyone interested in coming along. Part of the way or whole shebang? This trip probably will not happen until starting late November Leaving from east coast Florida or Key west. Think about it.... Now of course if there really are any unicorns out in the sea ( umm pretty & sexy women) who want to serve aboard as non paid crew, They will certainly be considered. Don't know yet if I'm bringing my own. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Buddy boats
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:59 am 

It's funny, every time I check Hemingway Marina on Google Earth it looks very, very "unbusy" given all the Countries in the world that have access. Much of the bulkhead space is invariably empty. I wonder if there's any reason for that.

I'd love to find out what Isla Juvenidad is all about. Using google earth to do a closeup of the Coast of Cuba, North and South, is an interesting undertaking. Given there's about 1600 miles of coastline, as I recall the potential anchorages are limited, so Hemingway may be the only way to go and get around from there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:07 am 

Cheryl Barr has cruised to Cuba for 17 years and wrote an excellent cruising guide complete w/ waypoints, charts and information. There are lots of places to check in, visit and several Marinas to stay in, cheep.

http://cruisingincuba.com/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:22 pm 

davit,

Are you still planning a Nov departure?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:02 pm 

Cuba trip is looking more like a January departure. Hoping senor Obama frees up more regulations by then. Hoops are there for jumping through, but I'm hoping even the hoops go away. I thought this was the land of the free, how come we are not free to travel??? With Government threats of fines and boat confiscation by past administrations, freedom is sometimes elusive here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:16 am 

Due to health measures and setbacks (not mine my female crew), i still have not left for Cuba. As soon as things clear up the trip is still on. either a late April or early May departure. So buddy boat option is still open. any interested???