Cruiser Outpost - Lats & Atts forum

Discussing The Cruising Lifestyle
It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:20 pm 

Or, as the Hon. Foxworth Callwood says "Happy Old Year." Whatcha doin' you f'n f's?

Christmas winds have kicked in in EARNEST in the V.I. It was blowing 25 to 30 out of the West for a day, then clocked around to the ENE up to 35 now. With a NW groundsea continuing, it's fun watching boats trying to sail toward Puerto Rico with 25+ up their tailpipes while contending with a solid 5' groundsea coming at them from the NW. Watch one guy go on his ear over and over again yesterday. Another reef might have helped. Stay safe!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:32 am 

let's see what 2021 has in store! :shock: Couple new strains of covid...where's the murder hornets? A new exotic tropical disease carried by mosquitos or banana's? How about a good ol volcanic eruption from some el Caribe island and ensuing sunami? Venezuela and Cuba getting rid of the commies and install real elected presidents? Putin dies of a heart attack or gets poisioned by his own KGB remnants.. Orange man goes to jail, Jared's real estate gets forclosed on while he's in jail. Mitch McConnel flips to be a democrat along with Marco and Ted...
I WIN POWERBALL!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jus sayin... dream BIG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:08 am 

This will be the most bizarre next 30 days of our lives, no doubt. I like it right here in the Caribbean for now. The Youngest went and surveyed the Dyer 29 yesterday and the 4 year old Grandson gave us a thumbs up from the helm via facetime. "Yeah, I like it." The Kid says the DD 4-53 likely only has under 500 hours on it, but it hasn't been run in years and years. 200 gallons of fuel tankage with twin monel tanks "in real good shape." We'll own that and a car carrier trailer with custom steel cradle bolted to. Probably 2 weeks. And now I'm enamored with "green sticking." Never done it, but it hasn't reached the V.I. yet. It's going to when the boat comes down next November. Summer in Maine is pretty much going to entail boat work. Finishing the Tartan 37 and refitting the Dyer 29 and getting them down here. "I fish, I sail, I throw caution to the wind . . . drift like a stratus cloud, across the Caribbean." Broke, as always. Fuck it. Everything's going into a Charter LLC, find a non-Bottoms-Up kid to captain and put them out there. Low overhead, nice gear. I got all the fishing gear off Black Pearl from Jim for a song a couple years ago. All dressed up and no ride to the dance - yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:02 pm 

Sounds like a plan, Maineiac :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am 

I must say that 2021 said to 2020 "hold my beer"....now we have orange man in the process of a mental breakdown, sending his trumpians off to battle and attempting a coup...can you say banana republic??? I bet Putin and, Kim and Xi were frothing at the mouth. 25th amendment anyone? NOPE...his lackeys don't have the balls or ovaries to do it... 12 days and counting... is he going to push the button and watch all those trident missiles launched by my steely eyed killers of the deep Brothers rising from the depths? NOPE, the Joint Chiefs would put the kibosh on that. I digress...
I'll take where you are Kev....fuck..I'd take a rowboat down there...
Bless your heart...if ya need some help bringing the botes South give me a holler....
Peace, OUT...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:15 pm 

Yeah. Driving that Dyer 29 down with the DD 4-53, I dunno. Might be fun, and everyone would know you were coming. Just made the deal on that and it's getting trucked to the house in the next week or so. Oh, and I hate being prescient. What'd I say about the next 30 days? And I'm pretty sure I started the "hold my beer" thing about 1972. When I turned back, lights out. Never saw it coming. But Danny made short work of the guy. Very rarely ever said that again in anger. Usually it preceded some stupid stunt.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:36 am 

Maineiac wrote:
Very rarely ever said that again in anger. Usually it preceded some stupid stunt.

Doesn't it always?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:49 am 

is Wednesday the 20th going to be another "Day of Infamy"?
asking for a friend....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:23 pm 

Nah. I don't see it. And you don't have any friends. It's never going to be over now. Thanks a shitpile and don't let the door . . . never mind. It's the NEXT one that has a brain I'm concerned about. One foot on this rock and one foot ready to rock on the boat, a boat, sailboat, stinkpot. I just found a Panga I might ship down as well. Cover all bases. I hear Guyana and Suriname just had huge oil strikes. I think I have a client that works for the World Bank in Guyana. Hmmm.