Cruiser Outpost - Lats & Atts forum

Discussing The Cruising Lifestyle
It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:28 pm 

Maineiac wrote:
Mercenary 7 wrote:
Kevin...asking for a friend... have you ever visited Little St. James??? :shock: :mrgreen:

Si. I've been trying to upload photos of a Fisher 30 parked next to me for Mikee, but I'm pretty tech challenged. There it goes. I'm not sure it's the cats ass. Not much deck space and certainly no place to sit in the aft end. There's also a PanO 38 in the yard looking pretty lonely.

Sam you know my boat lusts too well. After Wanderlust I was thinking of the little Willard motorsailer.

Unfortunately I'm wearing a heart monitor and have a very rear blood disease (Wegener's granulomatosis) and I don't know if I'll ever get down island again. This is the third major health fuckup this past decade so maybe I'll survive this too.

PS. Have you seen Wanderlust of late?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:46 am 

Bahamas still allow PRIVATE YACHTS to come over. I guess it's because they spend more money than the day trippin' cruise ships (which aren't sailing anyhow) and the airlines are packed in like sardines and carry the plague.Also private botes shouldn't pose much of a threat of bringing the plague with them but the MUST provide a negative covid test no older than a week.
That bote of yours looks pretty! Keep it up! What yard is it in? I like that Fischer looks pretty seaworthy with that big keel and the double ender is cool.

Wish we all knew about St James back in the day.... First time I did a Tommy bote we got a late start and just anchored out at Christmas Cove. There was a sign on the island that said for sale, that was in 01. I had a top secret clearance when I was in the Navy so you can tell me................ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: