Cruiser Outpost - Lats & Atts forum

Discussing The Cruising Lifestyle
It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 am 

Just the Tartan 37. Weather is getting almost warm enough to work outside. I had planned on taking April, May and June to get the refit done, shake out the jumbies in the Gulf of Maine and start moving south in Septober, keeping a weather eye out. Might just wait a little and jump the stream to Bermuda and go from there, avoid the East Coast crowds. The Dyer 29's aren't going anywhere, and I'm wagering some prices will come down over the next 60 days on a lot of goods and services unrelated to the survivalist mindset. Gas has dropped up here to $2.00 a gallon in places. No rush on Sams & BJ's clubs yet, but the wave is creeping eastward and northward.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:50 am 

well down here in Floriduhhh.... you'd think there's a cat 5 coming straight at us!! Shades of cane season... no tp, water... a new wrinkle, no sanitizer, clorox, lysol, wipes of any sort...although the feminine hygiene stuff is still there..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:22 am 

I spoke too soon. No tp, no alcohol, blah blah. We're good for a few months either way. Courts have closed until May 1, so if you get popped for DUI up here it may be awhile before you get out.

Looks like we're taking out 2 week vacation at home with 2 grandkids. Excercise, much guitar, fiddle and banjo work, and see how this whole thing shakes out. It is getting more and more serious rapidly, several confirmed cases up here already.

Oh, and went to buy a Honda EU2200i for the boat the other day with an LP/trifuel conversion kit (gas, LP and NG). "STOP SALE" by Honda that started a few weeks ago. Can't buy 'em until they engineer a cure for "saltwater short" (apparently just salt air) occurring on one of the circuit boards. "Coming soon."

Good, you got the feminine hygiene stuff. You should be alright then. ;)