Cruising Outpost

Discussing The Cruising Lifestyle
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:18 am 

I figure you're approaching nursing home fodder. Happy holidays and I hope this finds you guys well. Looks like Coral Bay could be destined for a megayacht marina based on the Legislative hearing the other day. I'm headed back down shortly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:04 am 

Ayuuuuup! I'm still around.... was following that story didn't see latest though... been busy....have fun down there... see ifin you can find Tommy...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:09 am 

Kevin......you :D :lol: still alive????

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:17 am 

Yep. Sitting here organizing some matters after doing the sunrise hike down to Magen's, lifting 10#'s in each hand all the way, sweat. Frenchies gave me 2 lobster and a grouper for my birthday yesterday. I damaged quite a bit of Presidente' the night before, so yesterday was a slow day. Looking out the window . . . lemme get the longeyes . . . 7 or 8 charterbeaters and a few other boats over in White Bay JVD. Looks like a new road going up somewhere behind Soggy Dollar. Otherwise, delightful weather. I haven't been out to the East End yet. Most of the old guard is gone, but Tommy is undoubtedly still around.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:26 am 

Thank's for the update...awful cold downeast...white shit on the ground...talked to a guy who is a part timer on STJ says it looks like Coral Bay is gonna be a changin' with that big marina plans....seems as though it might go through??

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:10 am 

Recent legislature discussion on the matter seems to pit the Government generally behind Summer's End (the developer), but given that the Army Corps ain't "owned" by the V.I., I suspect that it will be quite awhile before anything happens. ACE has to bless the submerged lands portion, environmental impacts, etc., etc.

Friggin' stupid if you ask me. Just a glance the aftermath of what Irmaria did to Coral Bay should tell you that it AIN'T a great location for a superyacht marina. But with the gummint a'hind of it, who knows? There's also the TRex Marina proposal as well. Smaller.

So all the moorings in Coral Bay that are "in the way of progress" will get booted. Life changes, I suppose. Move to friggin' South America I guess.