Cruiser Outpost - Lats & Atts forum

Discussing The Cruising Lifestyle
It is currently Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:54 am 

Chocolate-filled croissants are only available on Monday & Friday @ Doris's.

http://www.ltdsailing.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:01 pm 

Thanks for all the responses & keep the info. coming. We won the week long sail boat charter through Sail Magazine, TMM Charters, & St. Vincent & The Grenadines Tourism Authority!
We have a year to take the trip & are having to postpone a bit until either May or November. Any advice on those times of year would be much appreciated. ST. Vincent is much more difficult to reach than BVI, any $ saving tips on best way to get there also appreciated. We live & sail on the Oregon Coast so a trip to warm tropical waters sounds like heaven! Give a shout out if people will be at Strictly Sail at Jack London Square in April, would love to chat.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:55 pm 

Nice! I work with TMM quite a bit. Just finished up a skippered charter taking a photographer around the Grenadines taking shots for the St. Vincent and the Grenadines Tourism Authority on a TMM Yacht! Great gig!

We have some information on our website with details on how to book your flights down here (http://www.LtdSailing.com). The basic Idea from the northwest though - is this: On the way down, take a late night flight out of the PNW that will get you into Barbados by 4pm the next day. Then fly on SVG Air (http://www.svgair.com) from Barbados to St. Vincent. The SVG Air flight will save you having to go through customs/immigration in Barbados and save you some tax money on your connecting flight (Trust Me!).

On the way back - if you want to do it in one day instead of staying overnight in Barbados - take the early morning Liat flight out of St. Vincent to San Juan, Puerto Rico and then connect from there back to the PNW. Drop me a PM and I will put you in touch with Chrystal (my girlfriend) who is the master at finding cheap flights to the Grenadines!

I would probably take May over November - though November can be quite nice also. Just kinda early for the true trade winds to have set in.

Let me know when you decide to come down - I would love to meet up with you for a beer when you get here!

Beam Winds!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:47 am 

Hello again , it looks as we are going to book the boat for mid November , maybe flying in and out of Grenada ,we see that tmm offers a one way drop off in Grenada we don't know if we will do this but it dose sound nice, a downwind run all the way !! Not that we can't bash .please let me know what you think about this option . I checked out the LTD sailing website (nice site) and would love to have a few coldies with ya when we get to svg ...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:54 pm 

We have booked our trip :P ,a little later than first planed, we pick up our boat on February 14th 2014 for one week . We do plan on sailing one way and dropping the boat off in Grenada after spending a few days in a hotel kicking around St Vincent . Any hotel recommendations (Grenada & St Vincent ) would be most helpful.
Thanks, Bikensail